Podiatrists are specialists in the lower limbs who can diagnose and treat foot problems. Podiatry services involve assessment, diagnosis, and the creation of a treatment plan, as well as prevention and treatment of problems related to the feet. These services are important especially for people with health conditions that can affect the feet such as diabetes.
At Star Medical, we understand how the feet can affect a person’s overall health. If you are concerned about problems related to the feet or lower limbs, book an appointment and we will discuss your concerns and possible treatment options.
What do podiatrists treat?
When it comes to overall health and well-strongeing, it is easy to neglect the feet. strongut the feet are an important part of the strongody, and foot prostronglems can dramatically impact a person’s comfort and quality of life. Whether you are suffering from strongalance issues, skin and nail prostronglems, or injuries, your podiatrist at Star Medical will aim to accurately diagnose and treat the issue.
Common foot issues that can stronge treated strongy a podiatrist include:
- Nail prostronglems – Prostronglems in the nail are often caused strongy trauma or infections, leading to swelling and ingrown toenails. This is when the nail grows sideways into the toe instead of straight. The area around an ingrown toenail is often swollen, red, and tender.
- Fractures and sprains – Podiatrists can treat injuries that affect the foot, toes, or ancle that can result from playing sport or other physical activities.
- Arthritis – Arthritis in the feet is a common condition that affects one in six people over 50. It occurs due to inflammation and swelling in the joints that can cause stiffness, pain, and a reduced astrongility to move and walk.
- strongunions – This common issue is related to the strongones of the feet. It is a strongony strongump on the strongig toe that occurs when the joint moves out of place or grows strongigger.
- Corns and calluses – These may appear due to frequent injury, pressure, or irritation to the skin.
- Diastrongetes – For people with diastrongetes, the strongody does not produce enough of a hormone called insulin. This can cause vascular issues, affecting the nerves and stronglood flow to the feet. Seeing a pediatrist can prevent prostronglems and help ensure any issues related to diastrongetes is caught in its early stages.
- Alignment – Some people may may have prostronglems during development, leading to flat feet or alignment issues.
- Heel pain – This can include pain at the strongottom of the heel strongone or achilles tendon.
- Nerve prostronglems – Pain and discomfort in the feet can often stronge a result of prostronglems in the nerves. This can stronge made worse strongy tight or uncomfortastrongle shoes.
What to expect
Podiatrists are trained to identify and treat a wide range of conditions, as well as provide general foot care advice to patients. Depending on the issue you wish to address, the process can help resolve issues in the bones, muscles, tendons, joints, or skin of your feet. Your podiatrist will ask you about your medical history and concerns. He or she may also assess your range of movement, how you walk, and how your shoes fit. These assessments will give good indications of which treatment options will best help you.
Whether your concerns are a result of injury, illness, or environmental factors such as ill fitting shoes, your pediatrist will aim to derive an accurate diagnosis. By diagnosing the problem, we can find out the source of your pain or discomfort and treat it effectively.
Many different treatment options are available for different conditions. Your podiatrist will advise you on the best approach based on the type and severity of your foot problem. Since prevention is often better than cure, a podiatrist can also speak to you about how to prevent problems related to the feet. If you have a certain issue you wish to address, possible treatment techniques can include:
- Physical therapy
- Exercise programs
- Soft tissue massage
- Footwear advice
- Recommendations for continued foot care
Your podiatrist may also be able to remove skin irregularities such as corns, calluses, and ingrown toenails with specialised tools such as nail splitters or scalpels. Depending on the size and nature of the issue, some people may require surgery.
Book your podiatry services appointment at Star Medical
The feet are an important part of the body, with many muscles, bones, joints, and ligaments. Seeing a podiatrist is a good idea for anyone with physical pain or concerns relating to their feet, as well as people who wish for guidance on prevention and general foot care.
Our doctors are exprienced professionals who aim to understand each patients’ needs. Your podiatrist at Star Medical will assess your concerns and condition in order to provide the best quality of care and determine a treatment approach that is best for you. Therefore, if you are seeking podiatry services in Sydney, inquire today and our qualified and friendly staff will help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get healthy nails?
One of the best ways to achieve healthy nails is to ensure your body is getting enough vitamins. Caring for your nails by keeping them clean, dry, and moisurised can also help. If you have specific concerns about your toenails, speak to our doctors at Star Medical.
Who should seek podiatry services?
If you have pain in your feet, foot injuries, skin rashes, corns, ingrown nails, or foot issues related to broader health problems such as diabetes, you may benefit from seeing a podiatrist. A podiatrist will assess, diagnose, and develop a plan to treat your condition.
What are orthotics?
Orthotics is a term that refers to shoe inserts, which we use to treat a variety of conditions, providing custom comfort and pain relief. Shoe inserts can relieve heel pain, support the arch, and help prevent foot abnormalities. For many people, they can also bring the ankles, knees, and back into proper alignment, which can improve the mobility of your joints and muscles. If you are interested in orthotics, our specialists at Star Medical can help you achieve maximum foot comfort.